The Healing Touch Program is an international, multi-level educational program in energy based medicine therapy.Students learn to use a variety of hands-on techniques that facilitate energy balancing for wholeness within the individual, supporting physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
Vision: Inspire and empower humanity to achieve holistic health, healing and wellbeing.
Mission: To establish Healing Touch in every home, school, and healthcare facility through heart-centered community, education and practice.
Healing Touch Program (HTP) is the owner and provider of the original (copyrighted) Healing Touch curriculum, founded by Janet Mentgen, in 1989. This is the core standardized educational program that has been successfully offered worldwide by HTP (formerly Colorado Center for Healing Touch -CCHT) since 1989.
Continuing Education contact hours are granted by HTP/CCHT through the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation since 1993 and the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork since 1999.
Healing Touch Program is an accredited business since August 24, 2010 through the Better Business Bureau.
Healing Touch Program continues to support students, course coordinators, practitioners and instructors, by maintaining an ethical, vital, professional and heart-centered program while sustaining Janet's vision and legacy to bring this "work" to the world. Healing Touch Program offers:
- Certification through an autonomous certification body - Healing Touch Certification
- Professional membership through Healing Touch Professional Association (HTPA)
- Research support, information and consultation, including an independent website:www.HealingTouchResearch.com
- Continued longstanding relationship with the non-profit 501(c)(3) Healing Touch Worldwide Foundation (HTWF), previously known as HTIF (Healing Touch International Foundation)
- Continuing education contact hours for nurses and massage therapists
- Classes around the world in thirty (plus) countries
To read more about the functions the program go to: Healing Touch Program Functions Chart.
Healing Touch History
The Healing Touch program has been taught since 1989 to more than 100,000 participants worldwide and in over 32 countries. The program (originally known as Colorado Center for Healing Touch) was developed by Janet Mentgen, BSN, RN, HNC, HTCP/I, as a medically-based energy therapy training program for nurses. (Click here for Janet's story) Over the last 18 years Healing Touch has been effective in demonstrating a positive impact in the health care community. Healing Touch is widely respected and increasingly accepted, not only in the United States, but in many countries around the globe. It is considered one of the leading energy medicine programs in the world.
Healing Touch Program Core Values
We use these guiding principles to help us in making decisions and direction for HTP.
• Positive Team and Family Spirit - Our success is dependent upon the collective energy and intelligence of all of our Team Members. We strive to create a work environment where motivated Team Members can flourish and succeed to their highest potential. We appreciate effort and reward results.
• Respect - We honor the rights and beliefs of our fellow associates, our customers, our vendors, and our community. We treat others with the highest degree of dignity, equality, and trust and respect each person’s individuality, beliefs, and inherent worth.
• Accountability - We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance in all of our decisions and actions.
• Integrity – We are ethical and honest and inspire trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviors to our words and taking responsibility for our actions.
• Embrace and Drive Change - We do not fear change, but embrace it enthusiastically, and perhaps even more importantly, encourage and drive it. We plan and prepared for constant change.
• Self Development- We constantly challenge and stretch ourselves in the areas of personal growth and well-being. We encourage each other’s in their self development as well.
• Build Open and Honest Relationships - Strong, positive relationships built on open honest communication are important to HTP. Strong relationships allow us to accomplish much more than we would be able to otherwise.
• Be Passionate and Determined - We value passion, determination, perseverance, and the sense of divine timing. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
• Be Humble – Humility opens one up energetically, to listen, to apologize, to understand another or to accept our humanity. We choose open-mindedness and curiosity over protecting our point of view. We continually recognize the contributions of others.
• Satisfying and Delighting our Customers- We go to extraordinary lengths to satisfy and delight our customers. We want to meet or exceed their expectations on every interaction with HTP. We know that by doing so we turn customers into advocates for our business. Advocates do more than work with us, they talk about HTP to their friends and others. We want to serve our customers competently, efficiently, knowledgeably and enthusiasm.
• Creating Prosperity – Through the offering of our products and services we are a valuable part of our world. We recognize that creating prosperity for ourselves and others within our community is essential to generate growth, opportunity, job satisfaction, job security and exceptional service.